Shop, Save and Support GCI
After spending a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends, some of us will wake up on Friday to take advantage of the greatest sale of the year.
But this year, Black Friday can be more than a shopping event. It can be an opportunity to give back and support GCI’s work through Amazon Smile!
Amazon describes it as follows:
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.
Using Amazon Smile is quite simple to set up and use. All you need is an Amazon account.
Here are the 5 simple steps to join:
1. Visit smile.amazon.com and sign in using your regular Amazon account If you do not have an Amazon account, you can simply create one using the link below the sign in tool.
2. Search for GCI in Amazon Smile’s database Enter “Global Citizens Initiative” in the search bar and click on “Search”.
3. Select GCI as your charitable organization We are usually the first result, but if not, simply make sure it says that we are located in Greenwich, CT.
4. Check to acknowledge usage of Amazon Smile Check the box to acknowledge you must use Amazon Smile if you would like Amazon to donate while you shop.
5. Start shopping! Always make sure that it says “Supporting: Global Citizens Initiative” under the search bar.