Only 20 Days Left to Apply for the Global Citizens Youth Summit 2017!
Updated: Jun 13, 2018
Happy New Year! 2017 is here and with it the deadline to apply for the Global Citizens Youth Summit: January 31 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
If you are thinking of nominating a talented global citizen to attend GCYS, please do so as soon as possible to allow your nominee ample time to finish his/her application. If you are thinking of applying yourself, we encourage you to start today so you are able to submit all your application materials on time. And if you started an application but have not finished it yet, make sure you are on track to submitting your application on time.
Here are 8 THINGS YOU CAN DO TODAY to ensure your application is complete by January 31:
1. Request two letters of recommendation Log into the Admissions Portal and fill out the two requests for letters of recommendation. Remember, one letter must be from a schoolteacher and the other from a schoolteacher, coach, or supervisor.
2. Follow up with your recommenders If the status next to the recommendations tasks is ‘Pending’ and blue, your recommenders have not sent in their letter yet. Make sure you check in with your recommenders and remind them that the deadline is coming up! Remember, you will not be able to submit your application until both recommenders submit their letters.
3. Request your school transcript Sometimes it takes your school some time to process transcript requests, so make sure you allow them enough time to provide you with your copy with enough time for you to upload it onto your application.
4. Follow up with your school on your transcript If you already requested your transcript, follow up with your school to ensure they are on track to send it to you before the due date. Your school is likely to be managing several similar requests, and a friendly reminder can go a long way in helping you get your transcript on time.
5. Ask your parent(s)/guardian(s) for your household’s income verification documents If you are applying for financial aid, make sure you start organizing your application’s supporting documents, mainly your family’s income tax return. If you do not file income tax returns in your country, please contact GCI at email@example.com so we can help you figure out which documents to submit.
6. Start working on your essays The five essay questions address things you’ve probably thought about a lot already. So really, the hardest part about answering them is getting your ideas organized so you are able to express them in 300 words or less.
7. Brainstorm your multimedia presentation Video, Power Point, Prezi, poster… get creative! This is your chance to let your personality come through in a way that is not possible through essays. Have fun with it! But make sure you are able to submit it on time.
8. Get the easy stuff out of the way The first five forms in the application are very short and easy to answer, so once you finish them, you are almost halfway done with your application!
If you have any questions or run into any issues, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to reading all applications!